Our Campuses The Catholic University of Bukavu is vested on four campuses: Bugabo, Kalambo, Karhale and the Provincial Hospital. Another campus (Mulindwa campus) is erected a few meters from Wima High School. BUGABO Bugabo Campus This is the site of the old Saint Teresa Chapel. This campus houses the administrative and central services of the University, including the Rectorate and all its ancillary services, the Vice-Rectorate for Academic Affairs, the General Managing Direction and the Central Library. The Center of Excellence for Continuing Education of Civil Servants and postgraduate courses in Peace & Reconciliation, in Human Rights & International Humanitarian Law and in Management are operating in its recently renovated extension. KALAMBO Kalambo Campus The Kalambo Campus consists of 80 hectares on the shores Kivu Lake. The University intends to settle at Kalambo as main campus in the coming years. Located about twenty kilometers from Bukavu city, construction of the campus is underway with a few buildings. Several Faculties are organizing courses at Kalambo since academic year 2013-2014. A residence for male students and a research station of the International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) operate at Kalambo. KARHALE Karhale Campus The Karhale campus consists of a two-floor building with extensions, two additional lecture buildings and a student residence. The two-floor building is called Dr. André Lurhuma Zirhimw’abago Laboratory, in memory of his excellency as physician and researcher Medical Immunology after he passed away in June 1995. AMPHITHEATER Provincial Hospital Campus In honor of Prof. Stanislas Haumont (1931-2003), once a member of the University of Ghent, Lovanium and the Catholic University of Louvain, who played a major role in the early hours of cooperation with the Catholic University of Bukavu, of which he is considered as one of the pioneers of the Faculty of Medicine. This campus consists of lecture halls, offices and the medical library. The buildings have been erected thanks to a support by the French cooperation. They are located a few meters away from the hospital wards.